Wednesday 13 December 2017

Big Bang!

I got struck by lightening last night. Not me...the house.
It was raining but there was no sign of anything worse when a great bang accompanied by a brilliant light shook us.
It was very dramatic and I waited for other light flashes and sounds...
There were none. It was just one bang.
I went all though the house suspecting consequences....
I waited for any more lightening flashes in the area. There were none. So off I went to check things.
The electricity was on. I toured the entire house. There seems nothing amiss but it was a huge bang.
Later I discovered that it had knocked my solar panel meter out. The red light that appears during the night had gone.
As soon as it gets light I will go out to look at my house from across the road.
It was a very dramatic Big Bang...
Last night it was too dark to check my car but I can dimly see it this morning.
It looks all right.
I am hoping that all is well outside. But it was a very Big Bang.
Arghhhhh!
After posting that I realised that I had enough light so off I went to stand in the big puddle on the other side of the road.   The roof and tiles look fine! This ancient Farmhouse seems to have survived!
Thank you God....

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

6 comments:

Nancy Wallace said...

That must have felt really frightening. Hope you don't find any further damage.

Revjeanrolt said...

Thank you Nancy.....all seems well out there....it was a bit scary......

Ray Barnes said...

What is it about you Jean that attracts the downright bizarre?
You really need to write your life story.
Science fiction could learn a thing or two from your diary😀

Revjeanrolt said...

Love it.....what a good idea...

UKViewer said...

Has the solar panel resumed working or is it a fuse that has blown, not surprising given the strike you had.

Worth getting an electrician in to check things out?

Revjeanrolt said...

It's a very temperamental meter , it's not unusual. My gardener can switch it back on later.. hopefully...