Sunday 24 December 2017

First day at sea.

Back at sea...I had a very easy journey to get to Southampton yesterday...I arrived before time and was safely settled in my cabin before lunch...
I met old friends at supper last night...a great deal of joy was evident all round...
We are now heading south. Christmas Day will be a sea day...as will Boxing Day...
Invitations to join in carol singing and other festive experiences like hearing the Captains rendition of "'Twas the night before Christmas" are coming in...
I shall try very hard not to shed the inevitable tear in public...
Our first stop is Lanzerotte. I have an outing booked but right now my mind is refusing to go further than Christmas Day.
Stray thoughts of Christmas past are inevitable but hopefully confined to my solitary cabin.
The sea is grey and flat...Gods in his heaven...so far so good. .


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Heigh Ho Sailor :)