Saturday 16 December 2017

Helpful Apple!

Last week I ordered a new mini iPad from Apple. I intended to take it on the cruise. It was to replace the one that died last week. I paid for it by placing my finger on the appropriate spot.....weird but true.
I was expecting it to arrive yesterday. It didn't. Instead I got an email from Apple telling me that delivery had been delayed. For several days.
I decided it was getting too close to embarkation day and went into Apple support .
I had a long conversation with one of them, explaining that it was very inconvenient to have to hang around next week...
At some point I said "I suppose it's too late to cancel it? "
Well no....it wasn't actually too late. It had yet to arrive in a clearing centre...it could be stopped and sent back.
This astonished me. But I decided that I couldn't spend a day next week hanging around waiting for it. So I cancelled it. A refund was guaranteed.
The whole conversation was cordial, civilised and helpful.
At the end the young man asked me if I wanted a transcript of the conversation. I said yes and it duly arrived.
The whole event took about ten minutes and left me astonished by how easy it had all been.
I have resurrected an old mini iPad to take away with me...so I won't be cut off. At some point in the future I'll no doubt try again but I am impressed by how easy the whole cancelling process was. And chatting to the young man was also a pleasure rather than a frustration.
One less anxiety before I embark!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: