Sunday 17 December 2017

Jumping through hoops!

You may remember that yesterday I was applauding Apple for their helpfulness in cancelling an order for a new mini iPad.
Erm....well....it arrived yesterday. By Royal Mail!
I had no idea what was in the parcel or I might have sent it back....but once I'd unpacked it I decided to just go with it....easier than going through all the intricacies of getting it in the post....so I kept it, intending to give the old one away.
I had forgotten at that stage how many hoops I would need to jump through to set it up. There it was, gleaming silver and very dainty...so I started the setting up process. Looking up the pass words for everything was my biggest problem...once again I tell myself firmly that I really have to write everything down.......except I'd then lose the book!
Eventually I got it set up...and it reproduced everything from the original iPad straight onto the new one which was not what I was expecting...
So I now have two.....
I would like if possible to give the earlier one away....I have someone in mind...but before I do that I have to clear it ....she wouldn't want all my stuff , daft games etc...
Small irritations these but I now worry that by clearing the original one the new one would lose them too...they seem very much linked.
I can't blog from the new one either...the app it tells me it is now defunct from the App Store.....
All these irritations are not helping the spirit of Christmas right now...and I haven't started the packing process....or decided how many iPads will come with me but I do know that this time next week I shall be on a big ship sailing south.....with or without two mini iPads....
Thank you God.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

UKViewer said...

Surely if the new one is set up, all you have to do is to revert the older one to it's original basis. There should be a reset facility on the machine. All of my devices even windows have a restore to factory standard as part of the operating system. You lose all of your data and settings, but surely that is what you need? Below is from a website, not apple.

It is just as simple to restore your iPad Mini without iTunes. Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap on Erase All Content and Settings. You'll then be asked if you want to continue; after the confirmation, your iPad Mini

Revjeanrolt said...

Wow that’s very helpful. I’ll look!

Revjeanrolt said...

And having looked I’ve taken your advice and turned it back to factory settings...it worked!