Wednesday 13 December 2017

Pre Christmas angst!

I woke up with queues of things to do ....soon.
I seem to have become someone who puts things off. I procrastinate.
It's taken several days to get the house back to normal after the upheaval of being decorated.
Intermittently I have been writing Christmas cards..and I now have a small pile complete with stamps to post.
Last year several people asked why they got two...so this year I have written the names down as I proceed.
I tell myself it's only Wednesday ....there's plenty of time...people to visit, presents to buy, wrap and deliver.
But as has become normal a certain amount of panic peeps into my consciousness .....I'll never be ready in time....etc.
I have visits now fixed from now until I go away next week. They are to people I know and love...and me and my travelling communion kit will be rushing around for the next few days......
The joy of Christmas is hard to capture right now. It has disappeared once again into attempting to get everything done.
I am going away for Christmas and as yet I haven't really started packing.
My cleaner found my first attempts ...my cruising shoes are on the spare bed next to my swimming costumes...
She was bemused to find a hot water bottle there too.
I reassured her....I will not be taking a hot water bottle in my suitcase....it was a relic of last weeks bad back.
Ok! I'm now on the move.....in my head if not on my feet!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

I hope that you can overcome the angst and get on with things. But once you start traveling the it will be time to let go and enjoy, I do hope that you get packed and despatched to the cruise in good time.