Sunday 14 January 2018

Early rising.

Having just arrived home after doing the eight o’clock communion I am safe. I think.
When I said I didn’t mind doing the early communion I had forgotten it’s still dark when I’m setting off. The only good thing was that there was just me on the road...
There are no street lights at Tregear Vean because there are no streets!
Arriving back I was greeted by a very bouncy, huge big boxer...not the human kind. His height was considerable.
"He’s still a puppy" the words accompanied a determined effort to get into my car...the dog saw it as an escape route I think.
My neighbour says he is looking after it for a friend...I am not sure how long for!
It does explain a couple of mysteries though. Twice I have found its leavings in my garden and wondered if I had a badger...so clearly a weekend break is not unusual.
He was a very handsome animal..but very excitable and bouncy. I hope he manages to grow into adulthood.
So still before nine o’clock I have been busy...heard all the village news, found out who needs prayers, driven home in very welcome light and fought off the intentions of a very large dog.
No one can say life is dull right now!
Perhaps a prayer for a little more dull?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Boxers are unusually friendly and playful, particularly when young. But the grow into friendly and very likable animals, although their training needs to be managed carefully. Jumping up at people is a bad habit, as they are big, strong and heavy.
Perhaps a prayer for the Dog's owner for them to curb the excitable nature of their dog wouldn't go amiss.