Monday 15 January 2018

World worries.

Last week passed in a haze of exhaustion , putting away my cruising clothes and getting the house warm.
The news filtered through in small doses so looking back the overall feeling is of chaos.
Mrs May attempted to make her government stronger..but simply made it into a laughing stock by failing to take the NHS away from Jeremy Hunt amongst other problems. She didn’t get rid of Gove!!!
The most appalling news from last week is that the whole of Hawaii was put on red alert for a nuclear missile attack which turned out to be untrue. Imagine the chaos of mind suffered by those involved!
Trump remained a" stable genius ", using harsh words about the sort of immigrant arriving in America. He is fast taking on the mantle of a King. King of the world no less.
Oprah says she will stand for president next time.
The "me too" movement is gaining political ambition.
Here at home good friends have died, others have moved but life is still very good.
One of my friends, a retired doctor said I could stop worrying about the spot on my face which has now shrunk to the size it was before I set off on the cruise.
Flu is still going around the village.
I have a blessedly quiet week....so far...






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

I think that Michelle Obama should stand, she would be excellent and she has the experience of being First Lady for eight years, and insider looking out and in.

But the Trump Cliche will demonstrate their racist rhetoric, whoever stands.