Sunday 18 February 2018

Good night!

Gosh I enjoyed last night.
The village hall was packed . Old friends greeted me warmly and there was a lot of laughter.
The panto had been written by the lady who has been the producer for many years and it was a good one.
All the old jokes were there but that’s what people go for.....oh yes they do...
The bit I didn’t enjoy last night was the drive in the dark to get there...I forgot where all the switches were in my car but eventually got it sorted out... I think!
As I had parked  I was startled to see words come up on the screen.
"Turn off your lights before leaving!"
I did as I was told!
The small hall was packed. The village had turned out in great numbers, all expecting a good night. They were not disappointed.
I put my glass of wine down on the floor during the interval and it promptly fell over , broke and left a very wet patch.
It was quickly mopped up with efficiency and good will.
My memory lapsed again at times. Everyone knew my name but I had no idea sometimes who was chatting to me and calling me Jean. But that was fine too.
No one seemed to notice.
I got out fast at the end intent on driving my car home whilst it was quiet.. ...
"Goody two shoes" is a new panto but it was very enjoyable...it helped that I knew almost everyone in it. The only problem is one for the future...most of the cast were fairly ancient..the average age of the chorus line was around seventy..so the younger ones will have the task of carrying it all on at some stage..
I am sure they will manage this...they have been very well taught.
The spirit of goodwill and laughter is what made this a very enjoyable night out. Long may it continue...



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Nancy Wallace said...

Pleased to hear you are not giving up humour for Lent.

UKViewer said...

Enjoying outings is lovely. And despite your driving nightmare, and broken glass, you obviously enjoyed yourself. Better perhaps than being at home alone.