Monday 19 February 2018

Moving House.


One of my friends put some lovely pictures of NorthWales on Facebook yesterday.
I thanked her and she said in reply that I had been very lucky to have lived in some beautiful places...and it’s true but it’s not the whole story...
I was married to a bank manager who was moved around the country until we finally arrived in London.
When we knew we were on the move again we spent quite a long time looking for a house near to a train line for ease of getting into London.
The closer to London the houses were the more they cost. Selling a house in North Wales proved difficult...and we were helped by the bank after several months of David living in various hotels and just coming home to North Wales at the weekend.
We finally found a house in Essex where we lived for twenty five years very happily. But no one could call it beautiful. After he retired David died whilst we were in Cornwall looking for a retirement house. It took me three years after that to get myself down here.
Moving house has been a major part of my life. I’ve lived in three houses here too. ....very happily. It’s all beautiful.
I hope not to move again. But I have found that somehow I almost always do...
I can’t imagine any circumstances that would make me want to move...apart from the obvious ...but my place in the graveyard at St Just in Roseland is booked...sitting on a creek... over looking the sand bar. ...but not yet Lord...not quite yet!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

In my Army career, I had 19 different addresses, in the UK and Abroad. So, when I was coming up to retirement and than newly married 28 years ago, we bought a house where we remain. A settled base made a great difference, when I embarked on my 2nd career with the Army to serve until 60. Now 8 years retired, we are getting itchy feet, particularly as my spouse retires in September.

We want to downsize to 2 beds and a small garden, and a house without any stairs (we are getting older) and it seems possible we might find something closer to church, so I can actually walk around the corner to it. That would be bliss. And getting rid of one car would also reduce the outgoings. But at the moment, just an aspiration, which our Cats don't share with us we think.