Saturday 17 March 2018

Cunard blues.


Following my comments yesterday I find that snow is being forecast again for this weekend! And this time I am taking it seriously.
I started my cruise packing yesterday. On the spare bed lie my swimming things!
Casting my mind back to the last cruise I have been trying to analyse why it was not the happy experience I was expecting.
It wasn’t just having the bracelet stolen on the first evening. That was just the start.
The fact that the entire ship was coughing didn’t help. Our supper table started with eight people and towards the last days only two of us were left!
I am now looking forward to it but in my mind are several small niggles.
It felt different . There was nothing I could put my finger on but day by day small disappointments resulted in a general feeling of discontent.
On returning home I wrote a letter. Sending it off to Cunard I then waited. For several weeks I got no reply. Finally someone rang me up. I had a very reasonable phone call which at least stopped me from feeling ignored.
Two weeks later a letter arrived. It was an apology of sorts.....words of regret failed to make me feel any happier.
At the bottom of the letter in very small print I saw that in fact it was not from Cunard but from Carnival.
Ok...that is obviously the answer. Cunard is no more. We are in a whole new area here...but it did oddly stop me from feeling so let down.
So although the ships are still glorious the company that ran them has been taken over.
And it showed. So I am ready...I won’t expect too much from anything...I will try not to catch the Cunard cough...and I will not leave any expensive jewellery hanging around... ok Carnival!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

UKViewer said...

I was curious about the Carnival label. It seems that it is a consolidation of Cunard and P&O Cruises. https://3blmedia.com/News/Carnival-UK-Corporation-Cunard-and-PO-Cruises-Social-Responsibility they have a social responsibility, but what about their responsibility to their passengers? Not really an issue, as long as you keep paying, they will keep taking your money and allowing you to be ill on cruises. Bargain??

Revjeanrolt said...

I have nothing else booked at all....which is most unusual...I am waiting to see how this one goes....