Monday 19 March 2018

Not much good news!


Here we are...the first day of Spring tomorrow and I am snowed in again! To be fair I could get out if I really wanted to but starting my car and driving anywhere is not an attractive proposition.
Traffic outside is much lighter than usual but it is moving....slowly.
It all looks very beautiful. Some amazing pictures are appearing on social media...which only a month ago I wouldn’t have thought possible!
This week is my time for getting myself properly organised for travelling.
Apparently this is the last of the snow for this year but right now it’s still coming down.
There is plenty of food in the house and drink too come to that.
Yesterday I had a small problem with the bottles of wine. Despite the fact that I have at least six corkscrews or other ways of opening a bottle around the house I failed to get the lunch time wine on the table....
Sunday is the only time in the week when I open a bottle to drink with lunch, following one of David’s decrees.
Having failed and watching the snow slowly piling up I went shopping on line to order several bottles with screw tops!
It was a pleasant activity which took my mind off the climate!
The box will arrive this week! As I only have one more Sunday left before travelling it’s unlikely that I’ll open more than one!
But they will "come in" as my mum would have said.
I don’t expect my cleaner to arrive this morning so I will just get on with it...whilst trying not to get depressed by the news from Russia!
Once more into the breach. Etc.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Corkscrews are totally unreliable. Ours cannot be used to open a tin, or to clean mud of boots or even to open a door that is stuck. What is their point if they are unable to multi-task. I've come to the conclusion that mine is a male.