Friday 20 April 2018

Government by Tweet?

Last night, switching on the TV I found James Comey on Newsnight. This was an extraordinary interview. His condemnation of Mr Trump spoke to all the doubts I think we all have.
The statement that there is no one in the White House to contain the President was very worrying but has he considered Mrs Trump ? .
This lady must not be impressed by all the lewd stories finding their way out about her husbands previous relationships.
On other programs I have seen recently Melania has shown both courage and coolness in the face of mounting hysteria.
None of us could fail to be worried by the rhetoric coming from the White House especially the declarations about the size of his bombs...
I can’t remember another time when World War 3 seemed possible following the whim of the president.
Right at the beginning of this saga I expressed my trust in those in the White House, responsible for containing this person who is behaving more like an autocratic King than a president. Now I’m not too sure after the wholesale sacking of those who disagree with him.
I used to be fairly amused by this saga but now I see the dangers. That Trump calls for the imprisonment of people who have offended him without any court sitting in judgement is the most worrying . Emperor Trump claps his hands and makes extraordinary statements and threats. His goading of Russia, of North Korea and anyone else who annoys him when he first wakes up and tweets is very risky.
Government by tweet would have seemed balmy a year ago. Now it seems normal. For how long I wonder?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

I think that if enough mud sticks to Mr Trump, he might in the end be impeached or forced to resign. Mind you, his Vice President doesn't have much to recommend him either.

Mr Trump shows all of the sings of meglo-mania that affected Mr Hitler and others like Gaddafi, Idi Amin etc. Look where they ended up?