Sunday 22 April 2018

Memories?

In a sudden rush of blood to the head yesterday I decided to change all my bedding.
The sheet, duvet cover and bedspread were all removed.
Putting the clean ones on held an unexpected challenge. I couldn’t remember how to get the duvet inside it’s cover!
I knew I used to have a method but couldn’t remember it!
I went for a coffee.
Eventually I did it the hard way by which I mean it took far too long and I got hot and bothered trying!
My visitors arrived and I realised that I’d forgotten to put the roast in the oven.
We ate very late....
Today my memory is in good working order...I remember yesterday’s failures very clearly indeed.
If this what old age is going to be like I have no wish to join in....so I’m treating yesterday as a temporary aberration. Memory loss is a very scary thought...all I have left of my loved ones are my memories.
Later I collected up lots of old photographs and got them onto my iPad. At least I remembered how to that....
So I now have pics of my children, dogs and husbands...not necessarily in that order where I can find them easily.
It feels like fighting back... but it may well be me clutching at ancient straws..
Straws in the wind....but good ones...there is so much to be thankful for...and I am..thank you God.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

UKViewer said...

Putting the Duvet into the Cover:
Working Instructions.
1. Lay out the Duvet Cover flat on the bed.
2. Roll the Duvet up into a sausage.
3. Push the sausage of Duvet into the central part of the cover, if necessary, crawling inside the cover to reach the top Alternatively slipping the cover down until the sausage duvet reach.
4.Unroll the duvet carefully inside the Duvet cover, inserting the corners and once the duvet is spread out inside the cover, shake it soundly to even things out.
Eureka. Duvet in cover.

I tried getting inside the cover once, and nearly smothered myself. So the alternate method is best :)

Revjeanrolt said...

Gosh Earnie. You are a man in f many parts..thank you!

UKViewer said...

It comes from being a House Husband and role reversal after I retired and spouse is still working until this September. Good to learn new things, I haven't put it on my CV though :)