Tuesday 1 May 2018

Bullying.

The trend for reporting old miseries, old arguments and old working conditions is growing.
Since the 'me too' movement got started lots of other things have been thrown into the mix.
It’s no longer sexual advances, it now also it seems covers rows between employer and employed as shown by this mornings revelations about the speaker of the house, John Bercow.
The conservatives have been trying to get rid of him for years. This is obviously going to get messy.
We have all had people in our lives who have overstepped the mark in some way. It is especially worrying when your immediate boss who has all the power seems to be taking pleasure in finding fault with you. It has happened to me a couple of times during a lifetime but I have either dealt with it by having it out with the person or moving out of his or her reach.
I don’t know if Mr Bercow is a bully. But I am highly suspicious of the present charges.
People the world over will be harbouring resentful thoughts of people they have encountered who have made their lives a misery.
My first husband David had experienced bullying at work. It must be fairly common for people to overstep the mark in any close working relationships.
When he got moved from the north to London he was much happier in a new set of working relationships.
Bullying in the work place is just as unacceptable as sexual advances.
I just hope this Bercow thing isn’t the start of a new trend.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: