Tuesday 22 May 2018

Internet data!

I’ve lost count of the number of emails I’ve had asking me to consent to be contacted by email.
I haven’t filled in any of the forms.
Not getting multiple emails from all and sundry sounds excellent to me. The data protection act gets my vote every time. If I miss out on something important, so be it.
The ease of communication via the internet is mostly wonderful. My in box fills remarkably quickly every day with stuff that I just delete before reading it.
Over night I get loads of stuff from 'Anonymous'. Deleting them all without reading them takes a few seconds.
It will be interesting to see if these continue after the deadline. Are bots covered by this initiative? .
The data protection act seems a good idea, so far....
We will see if it has the desired effect and I wonder if it will  affect text messages too because I’ve noticed that these are proliferating too.
Getting several mails trying to sell me things I don’t want has never been a real problem but I’m glad that it should get less soon.
Well done to who ever thought it up. If it works it will be worth it.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

I agree. I am only replying to those who I want to keep receiving communications from. Which is a select few.