Saturday 19 May 2018

Lovely wedding.

I did watch the wedding after all and I’m very glad that I did. I skipped all the lead up bits and joined in at the start of the service with the bride walking softly up the aisle towards Harry.
I found that I knew all the words, no surprise really considering all the couples I’ve joined together over the years.
The pair of them looked relaxed, and very very happy. They even joined in the singing at times!
The visiting preacher brought an American note into the service and his insistence that love is the important, meaningful word in the service really resonated with me.
I wanted the Archbishop to tell them something slightly different after he’d done the set of prayers which ends in the words that they are now man and wife.
I usually tell the groom at that point that he can now kiss the bride...but I know that the service as written in the Anglian prayer book does not actually contain that line!
It was lovely. I’m glad I watched it.
I hope the love and spirit which was evident throughout the service remains with them for the rest of their lives together.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: