Saturday 19 May 2018

Wedding watching.

I am aware that my decision not to watch the TV coverage of the wedding is changing as I listen to the radio.
I probably will watch some of it.
I once took a school trip to Windsor and have been in the little chapel where they are to wed. I’m not sure where they’ll put all the guests...presumably some sort of extension will have been erected.
Having married hundreds of couples here over the years I am interested in the actual service and the priests role in it.
That’s my excuse for changing my mind and I’m sticking to it!
I will certainly not be spending hours before and after but I am Interested in the ceremony and how it’s handled.
I am amused by the fact that a football game is going to be claiming a rival set of watchers. I imagine harsh words may be spoken in some households but that’s all part of the slight hysteria that can accompany these occasions.
I am not much interested in the frock or the flowers or the steady build up to it all but the fact that the bride is a mixed race woman who has had a previous marriage does bring the Royal family into this century. We seem to be entering into a very different sort of Royal family. It would be good to think so anyway and helps to banish some of the pondering about how the boy's mother was treated.
Diana will be an unseen element presence  in Windsor today I think.
I wish them all well and hope their marriage will be lifelong and life giving.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: