Friday 22 June 2018

Not celebrating.

Another sunny day, several lovely messages in my inbox and today I am 81.
This is not an occasion in the same way that getting to eighty was.
It’s definitely not an occasion for celebrating.
During the last year several things have crept up on me...I am forgetful.
I can still do all the things I always used to do but I make mistakes now.
I am not planning anything at all today.
Last year several good friends took me out to lunch which was wonderful but this year I have no such ambitions or plans.
My time as a parish priest is coming gently to an end...it’s hard to realise that I’m no longer needed but those are the facts.
I do not intend to stop doing all the things I’ve enjoyed over the years though. I miss having a dog and have no plans to get a cat or indeed any other creature that has to be looked after.
The next cruise is booked and paid for. It’s very important to have things to look forward to.
I can still walk, drive, read and garden...
Life is still very good....I am a very fortunate woman...
I am also a survivor against all the odds...I look back to my times of being ill, widowed and worse and somehow I keep going here in my Cornish Farmhouse.
Thank you God.....I’ll go back to being a crabby old woman tomorrow.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: