Sunday 15 July 2018

Life resuming....

During this hot weather it has been a relief to simply stay at home. In the past I would have gone to a beach for a swim, visited a country pub to eat and drink, seen friends etc. This time I have just stayed quietly at home.
Since getting the skin cancer diagnosis I have learned to stay out of the sun as much as possible.
St Mawes has been very busy indeed...but it’s been wonderfully peaceful in my garden...
I have also realised that having to work on Sunday morning is no longer necessary . Not getting into the dog collar, rushing around all the churches on the Roseland is no longer something to be wished for.
I was very upset at being suspended. Now I see it as the prelude to my retirement.
I still resent the fact that I got suspended by doing a funeral instead of attending a course...especially as the man who asked me to take the funeral knew of the consequences but I can live with this...
Becoming a priest when I was already 65 means my time was always going to be limited...so I am learning to live with it..
I find I can’t go to my local churches but I can go to the lovely little chapel in the next village....
So I am content, not happy actually but at peace now after weeks of feeling very let down.
I am browsing the travel catalogues that arrive through my door regularly....the world is beckoning...
I am starting to plan ahead again....thank you God.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: