Monday 23 July 2018

Watering the garden!


Cornwall is going golden. Fields all around us are gloriously coloured but of course it’s not all good news.
This prolonged period of heat means there has been no rain.
My lawn is now orange. This lawn is actually what was cow pasture ten or so years ago.
It would be silly to attempt to water it but I have lots of pots full of wonderful flowers and they do have to be watered.
I have never attempted to use a hosepipe here as I used to do in Essex. There’s just too much ground.
What I do have are water buts thanks to David.
He put in two very large containers before he died. All the water falling on our roof feed two very large containers.
I am almost at the end of one of them. But the other one is still full.
Every night I fill the watering can to keep the flowers going that sit on my patio.
The orange lawn will recover. There’s far too much of it to even attempt a rescue.
This is what life in Essex used to be like...but it’s the first time here..
This weather looks unlikely to break any time soon. The beaches are full, it can only be good news for the tourist industry in Cornwall...but it’s a different story for the farmers.. I learned a long time ago that you can’t please everyone...
I am very grateful for David’s forethought in putting in the water buts...I can water without guilt.!
Thank you God.
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: