Tuesday 14 August 2018

Beauty all around !

Yesterday was very busy and exhausting but I got through it...
When David retired and we came here looking for a house we had worked out the strategy for being happy in August here.
We intended to leave the county for the month and slowly travel north.
After visiting friends and relations en route we were aiming at Scotland.
This beautiful country has everything we valued plus one or two friends.
Another attractive feature was the fact that children went back to school in August up there.
On a previous visit we had actually had a fall of snow early one morning...during their summer.
We would stay up there until September when it would then be safe to come home.
That was the plan!
I’m not sure how often we would stick to that plan because of course this is when much valued friends and relations arrive down here...
Lots of people are giving me advice much of which involves staying home right now.
A friend with a boat has invited me out for a sail but even that feels a bit rash..
Jumping on and off used to be my job but not any more...
A stroll around my garden looks the best idea right now.
The orange lawn is now green again.. the fruit is ripening ....I shall have lots of apples to store for the winter...several brambles growing over the Cornish hedge are providing some plump fruit......blackberry and apple pie is possible with lots of friends to help eat it..
I am grateful for everything this morning....thank you God.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: