Wednesday 15 August 2018

No lunch!


On waking up this morning I remembered that I’m going out for a meal tonight with an old friend. This means that I must remember not to eat at lunch time, beyond some soup and a few biscuits.
If I eat my normal midday meal I won’t want anything much at supper time. This is hard to explain to people who have known me a long time with a very healthy appetite!
As I’ve got older my appetite decreases all the time.
I’m not thin but there is less of me than there used to be. I regard this as very good news after years of "slimming" diets.
During my life I have been overweight much of the time, wearing size 16 garments as normal for me.
Now having dropped a size without trying I have clothes that no longer fit me.
There is no need to buy new clothes....but I am still a woman! I enjoy knowing that tonight I will wear a new top which is the right size together with a skirt that might need taking in!
I will try not to leave too much food at the end of the meal. My old friend remembers my previously healthy appetite and gets embarrassed by the amount I sometimes have to leave on my plate...so he then produces a little doggy bag .
Unfortunately his dog is very small and can’t help me out much.
All will be well providing I remember not to eat at lunch time. It’s just one more damm thing to contend with as I get older!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: