Sunday 23 September 2018

Esta?

Having read all the instructions for getting off in New York I am reminded of a day I have done my best to forget.
It is years ago now but the last time I did this trip we all had to leave the ship to obey instructions from the American authorities.
Everyone had to leave, there were no exceptions and I spent an uncomfortable day with a ninety year old who was very cross at having to leave her cabin.
In a large, cold and draughty Hall we waited. And waited.
I had all the correct paper work but it was to no avail...I still had to wait.
I should have just gone off for the day but I didn’t. I waited.
So this time I have an excursion planned....if it’s going to take all day then at least I’ll get something out of it.
So now I’ve remembered all of this I have to find another outing for the day we get back from Canada.
I do understand why the US are reluctant to let us back in...but it’s a waste of a day unless you can find something interesting to do.
Had I not already booked this years Christmas trip I wouldn’t have bothered to do it. But I have and I’ll make the most of it. I think! Fingers crossed.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: