Tuesday 18 September 2018

Feet finding!

Yesterday, the first day of the voyage was not really good. I try to do the things I used to do with David to find they no longer exist!
I waited patiently for a talk to start in one theatre wondering why there were so few in the audience to find it was in the Planetarium. By the time I got there there was standing room only!
I can watch it later on the cabin TV
By taking various false routes I finally found the Commodore club, much loved by David and then Michael. Sitting up there drinking a Long Island iced tea whilst looking out at the rolling waves is lovely.
The Captain has gone south to get us to New York...we are currently crossing the Bay of Biscay which must be unusual for this trip!
I discovered last night that I had not packed a night gown so off I went to the shop the next morning. .
They don’t sell nighties on board so I went for the hugest male tee shirt I could find.
The girl advised me to check the measurements until I told her it was to sleep in.
Oh well, they need some amusement on this ship!
I could have spent the month sleeping naked but the thought of having to move fast in the night settled that decision. A very big tee shirt it is!
A day later
I spent the evening in my cabin last night, not because I was feeling poorly but because I just couldn’t face going down for supper. There is another change on this ship, I have not been given the number of a table where several single travellers eat together but told to just turn up as and when...
I’m not really enjoying it much so far...I expect I’ll get used to it but the chances of making friends with the people on your table has gone...so staying at home seems like a good idea...especially as I had a bottle of Scotch delivered last night.
I can’t remember feeling like this before on any cruise....it can only get better!
,


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: