Saturday 15 September 2018

Just hanging about!

I will hopefully post this in the morning but as I’m being picked up at 7 am it might not happen till later....
I have reached the stage of my packing where part of my head knows it’s all done but the other part queries it.
I am checking to see if all my bits and pieces are safely loaded. Even if they are not there are useful shops on board which sell the sort of stuff I’m likely to run out of!
I am aware though that my age is starting to slow me down...a bit.
I’ve actually been using the stairlift for everything, including myself....
One large, one medium and one small case are sitting looking at me. I am looking back.
I’ve explained to everyone here that I am off again , they are used to it.
So far there is no one on this cruise that I know...but I often meet people from other cruises once I’m on board...and then I have to pretend that I remember their names....
Two people I’ve met before have left me messages on my phone to say "Bon voyage"
The man next door will walk around the garden whilst I’m away as I do the same for him....
So far so OK!
I’ve even remembered my swimming things which may well mean I won’t use them but at least I’ll have the choice.
But the bottom line now is that I think I’ve done it...all I have to do is sip my whisky Mac at bedtime and be up at dawn!
So here I am hours later....ready to go! Sort of!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: