Wednesday 12 December 2018

Moving on.

In this already complicated week, yesterday proved simply wonderful. My stepson and his partner arrived to take me out to lunch.
The hotel chosen was decorated beautifully and we sat looking out to sea in solitary state.
The meal was excellent, the company very good. It was the perfect present for me and we all enjoyed it.
So today, wrapped in a happy beam of light I get on with the packing.
I moved the large suitcase downstairs yesterday and started to fill it. This is cumbersome but once it’s filled I would have great difficulty in getting it downstairs safely.
Small details have yet to be sorted out.....my medication for instance has got complicated as the tablet to keep my blood pressure under control has somehow not arrived in the local pharmacy...
A similar one has been found by my doctor and today I go into the village to collect it.
Sounds simple enough but somehow these things never are in my life right now.
A good friend is arriving this afternoon.
I have lots of small details to take care of before the weekend, not least ensuring that my Esta travels with my passport.
Far too many small details to think about just now are making me anxious.
This is not a state I inhabit very often. But travelling just before Christmas was never going to be stress free.
I am happy to be going...I think.
Only time will tell if it’s the right choice.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: