Saturday 19 January 2019

Getting old.

Getting this years diary up and running is proving testing.
I forget things. This should not be a surprise for anyone following this blog.
The only way through this is to keep a diary. Providing I write everything down as they come up I’m fine.
But next week I have an item that is scribbled in for Tuesday and I can’t remember what it’s for or indeed where it is or what time it starts.
On that basis it’s clearly doomed.
My only way through this is to go into the village that morning and hope for enlightenment.
I have another two days when entries in the diary show a definite purpose. Two old friends are coming here whilst I am visiting another one.
But this doesn’t help with the one I’ve forgotten....arghhhh!
Getting old is on the whole no problem...I have now got more grey hair than mouse brown. I can live with that.
I can still move free from aches and pains most of the time.
I play card games on the internet and still win mostly.
I chat to people either on line or on the phone most days. I am not lonely . I like my own company.
But just occasionally I forget something.
OK, providing it’s nothing too important I can live with that.
I’ll just have to get creative on occasions...and bluff my way through disconcerting circumstances.
I can do this....

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: