Sunday 13 January 2019

Photographic evidence.

I had three emails last night from a lady who was on the same cruise. She sent me several pics of our day out in New York.
Gosh. I look both old and fat with our Irish coffee in front of me.
But it was a very good day!
Having visited several Irish pubs as well as Moma ( Museum of Modern Art) we laughed a lot as we went. The pics taken in the Catholic Cathedral showed the splendour with lots of gold and silver evident. Riches on display!
I was so glad to get them.
As permanent evidence of a very good day out I shall treasure them whilst wincing at the sight the very old woman grinning at her companion.
The photos bear the title, "You were very good company mate."
Well.
I am glad to have them and will treasure them as reminders of the last day out of the cruise.
Back here at home it feels centuries away .
I’m still getting used to retirement. It does have lots to recommend it. I have woken up late again...too late to go to church before being taken out to lunch by my friend Richard who seems to think that lunch must always be accompanied by a beach walk in order to validate it.
Very soon I will start a new routine...but not yet clearly...
The old routine involves putting out the dustbins on Sunday afternoon to be collected very early on Monday morning.
This is down to earth with a bump...but only a very little one!
It’s good to be home! And retired!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: