Saturday 23 February 2019

Problem solved.

The Bank card situation I have coped with over the last week has been resolved.
Thank goodness.
I talked to someone from the bank on the phone and she was very helpful until she suggested taking it into the nearest bank.
I told her some of the problems involved in this..
She said Falmouth would be the easiest to reach. She was looking at a map.
I pointed out that yes, it was the closest but the bit between me and the town was coloured blue.
She didn’t get it until I told her it was the sea! Definitely too far to swim!
So it had to be the bank in Truro.
A kind friend took me in and the problem has been sorted...I took the card to Marks and Spencer afterwards. It worked!
I now have some very nice new underwear...
I’m glad it is all sorted. I asked the man at the bank why it had happened and he said I’d had a couple of tries right at the beginning which had triggered an alert.
That made sense. I asked the man I’d been eating with the first time and he agreed....I had started to put in the number, stopped and then started again.
Now a logical reason has been supplied I feel much better about the whole thing.
It wasn’t just a bank gremlin.
I can accept the fault was mine....no one to blame. Let readers of this blog be aware....don’t get distracted whilst using your cards.
I can live with that along with my bad memory. As there’s no choice, It becomes more evident daily. Arghhhh!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

UKViewer said...

I suspect that if you had started and stopped, if you had cancelled (button on machine) you might have been able to start again. At least, I find, that has been one problem with my cards in the past. Three attempts and the card will be blocked.

Nothing worse than this happening. Embarrassment and red faces, until you get it right. I have been patronised by a cashier when this happened last time. And since she was half my age, that made it worse. "Would you like me to do it for you dear" or such like words put me in a bad mood.

I suppose getting old is shared by many of us, and I am fast approaching 70, which seems a suitable point to only use cash back with a chip and pin at the Supermarket, as it is much more user friendly than a cash point.

Ray Barnes said...

At last. Someone else who has actually heard of cash-back. This is how I get all my cash. Never need go near a bank and can get back as much as I need (often quite a lot).
I've been doing this for over eight years now without any problems.

UKViewer said...

Yes Ray, I am trying to convince my spouse of the same as well. I tend to shop locally for fresh food daily, and using a self service till works for me. Even doing a big shop, they offer cash back as a matter of course. Probably easier them as it means not needing to hold huge amounts of cash overnight.