Monday 18 March 2019

Spring?

Using a Timehop app on my iPad I find lovely posts about the arrival of Spring at this time of the year.
Ha!
This year shows very little happening as yet.
Plants in full bloom are pictured in previous years.
This year nothing much seems to be happening out there.
The weather hasn’t been too bad here but we haven’t seen much sunshine.
One of my regular jobs is to walk around the garden of one of my neighbours who lives up north.
Over the weekend I reported back to him.
All is well was the main message but his garden is also well behind.
We haven’t had much snow or hard frosts but somehow everything seems behind what we have grown to think of as normal.
Blue tits are nesting. They think it’s Spring.
Tiny wrens are taking great care with lining their nests but they do miss the fur from my golden retriever.
It doesn’t feel much like Spring as yet but I know it’s only days away. All we need is the sun.
The news isn’t exactly cheering us just now.
Too many hate crimes pollute the daily atmosphere....
Violent extremism has become almost normal news these days.
Some Spring sunshine would help now. Please God.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: