Monday 20 May 2019

First day afloat.

Many of you will remember my problems in getting the Wi-fi up and running on the last occasion when I took to the high seas...it remains to be seen whether I will do better this time. I am not confident but I will try.
We are sailing north right now...aiming at the Baltic.
It is dark and dreary outside. It feels easier to keep to my bed for a while...
Last night was agreeable in that there was one lady I recognised from a previous trip.
Our singles table though small...four women and one man...was interesting.
I have yet to look at today’s program of events...I expect I will get myself out of bed soon... well....
The truth is I suppose that I’m getting too old for all this though most of the people on board seem to fall into that category. We are an ancient group of explorers I’m afraid.
All the usual stuff about meeting the captain is coming over the airwaves but so far I have no wish to meet anyone...I could spend a very agreeable day watching the sea from the safety of my cabin...
The lack of movement along the corridor suggests that I’m not the only late riser..it’s only eight thirty! So there’s plenty of time...in theory...
As you will have realised by now I’m lethargic this morning...the long journey to get up to Southampton has taken its toll....and the need to unpack and be tidy yesterday means that I can’t find anything this morning...or even be sure of the right time...
It’ll all be alright...I think....only time will tell.......

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Bob Collis said...

Enjoy your voyage.