Sunday 26 May 2019

Trip news

I am not doing well on this trip...it’s taken a while to admit it but it’s true...this may be my last escape into the world...
There are lots of lovely people..but I am feeling vulnerable in a way I’m not used to. Everything is a bit of an effort...I haven’t bothered to blog most days...because there’s not been much to blog about....
I shall be glad to be home this time...so I’m admitting getting old?.
Well I am of course but I’ve not found a lot of interesting people to talk to and I have enjoyed the company of old acquaintances instead...
It’s all become far too familiar..Not enough to waken my curiosity. Which is why I haven’t been blogging.....plus some of them seem to have got eaten by the system...the words I mean..
Not the people....
We are approaching St Petersburg and I am sitting high on the ship admiring the sea and all it’s life..
The cold drink in front of me helps...yes it does contain alcohol.
This does help but I am far too aware of the dangers....there are several examples aboard!
Hey ho! I can’t win them all....
I don’t know if I can post this...or if I do when I might try again.....sorry chaps...
I’ll try to do better!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Bob Collis said...

Take care Jean.
Your health is important.
Sit back, relax and enjoy the experience.

UKViewer said...

You have been thinking that way for a while. Perhaps you forgot the blog posts or are booking cruises because they are by now habitual and perhaps a reminder of David, who loved to travel.

I believe that perhaps local cruises around the coast of the UK or Ireland, over a couple of days might be more suitable for you, and of course there is still much to discover in our own backyard.

A quick browse shows that there are lots of offers, departing from different ports and even a mystery cruise offered from Newcastle.

None appear longer than five days, some are two or three. We might even try one of those ourselves as we are tired of driving to and from distant ports or airfields to get to them.

I hope that the rest of the cruise goes well.