Tuesday 4 May 2010

Singing



Singing in a choir is a wonderfully uplifting experience. It is not relaxing though! The newly formed Roseland choir has a very ambitious program. If we get it all right it will be a miracle. The choir master is an old friend who spent hours teaching me to read music years ago so we are now reaping the rewards from that. When I first started here there was a shortage of altos so I sang alto. Last year our only soprano had a very dangerous wobble so I sang soprano. Everyone else is confused. Moving from one to another is not allowed apparently. However needs must so there in the same choir is a baritone who now sings tenor so I am not alone. There is also a female tenor who used to song alto!
Between us we are making a very good sound so being adaptable clearly works.

No comments: