Tuesday 17 August 2010

Brides

When you marry someone you feel connected with them. Often they stay in touch and more often they tell you when they are expecting their babies and ask you to christen them in due course. This obviously doesn't happen if they are rather more mature! I recently married my cleaner to the man she'd been living with for 23 years. It was a quiet affair and my husband gave her away. All was well but this week she arrived rather earlier than usual to say
"Is there a guarantee on this deal I did with you? Can I return my husband before the 12 months are up? Not fit for purpose!"
It turned out he'd broken his shoulder blade and was in a lot of pain and so a tad difficult to live with. I sympathised and when my husband came in she repeated the question .
"Look here "said my man "I gave you away....I'm not having you back!"
I look forward to the news that they want a baptism

No comments: