Sunday 14 November 2010

Only to be read with a sense of humour

I got to Gerrans nice and early this morning. Sorted everything out and put on my mike. It wasn't working so I got two of them to try to sort it out. They gave it me back saying "Dont switch it off again I think its the switch."
At the back of the church I reassured everyone, mostly the brownies that it was all going to be fine, even if one of them had thrown up last year. We waited then realised the bugler was missing with two minutes to go . Remaining calm I said "Ok we can manage without him. "
Then he ejected through the door. The church warden leaned into me to say sotto voce.
"Thank goodness for that. I was peeing myself Jean."
"The mikes on.!" Collapse of stout party. Started it all off well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's swap parishes. Yours sound far too much fun!