Wednesday 12 January 2011

The joys of traveling.

A positive snow storm of paper has started to arrive. Immigration have decreed all sorts of things have to be done and we are all going to be inspected! last time we went through this process it was in Boston. The immigration hall was vast and we were in a queue of several hundred people. We were finger printed, photographed and closely questioned.
Nothing was as bad as the man from the Indian Embassy who rang me at home to inform me that India did not allow priests in. Why not? He explained that priests had hidden agendas and could cause trouble.
Could we just stay on the boat please? No because we would be docked in Indian waters. Without the visa the whole trip was off. So I argued my case with the very stern man with a cut glass British Raj accent. Eventually we came to an agreement on the form of words. I should call myself a clerk in holy orders. Retired. Be sure to say you don't work anymore if they ask.
They didn't. Panic over.
Tomorrow will be interesting. There are many forms to fill in and bits of paper to produce so the whole process could take some time.
And it's pouring down outside!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: