Saturday 15 January 2011

Miami. Or Meeyami ?

Over night we have moved from winter to summer. It is amazing to walk outside and feel actual warmth in the air. Our planned tour will not take place as the ship is replacing a dodgy engine and we will get there much later than planned. We will this afternoon go into Miami and then onto South beach.
This is an area much loved by my late brother in law Fred. He owned a house here and spent many winters in Meeyami. I don't know if that's the local pronunciation of Miami but I am finding it's stuck! The first David and I were invited over several times but never actually got here so today marks a significant moment for me as I remember them both. RIP David and Fred.
Fred's memories were of rising late. Going to the pool and being able to order exotic drinks as he sat on a perch half in the water and a waiter handing it to him as he arrived!
The present David and I will not enjoy such decadent pleasures. But I am still looking forward to it.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Ray Barnes said...

Sounds very inviting Jean, particularly in the light of current UK weather. Ugh!
Have a gin and lime with ice for me please.