Friday 28 January 2011

Montevideo

Arrived fairly early in Uruguay. It's not scenic like Rio but is huge. There is another cruise ship who has been with us all the way since Florida. Yet another tanker was pulled into position by several tugs. So it's a very busy port.
Breakfast on these mornings is always rushed, sometimes manic as hundreds of us arrive to eat at the same time. This morning seemed better.
Panic has started to set in as to presents. I need to find somewhere to buy prezzies for people at home. I have only got about twenty dollars in US money so it would have to be using my credit card and there's the anxiety. How can I be sure it's safe?
The small souvenir shops always look dubious whereas the large glossy stores intimidate!
Later
During our spell out we found some street traders selling pottery and leather goods. I have now spent my meager supply of dollars!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: