Saturday 19 March 2011

Serenity on a bench

This weeks reading from John contains a phrase I frequently find a bit puzzling. Being born again can only for me be a sign of the Holy Spirit in your life . I often talk about the  random moments when we see a thing of beauty or read a wonderful poem or hear glorious music.
Sitting in a pool of quietness works for me and on one of my rambles around the Roseland I found this memorial on a brass plaque fixed to a bench.  Our part of the county is full of memorial benches but this one made me stop and read.   I think its lovely...the sort of memorial I would like to leave  behind me!
It is for Val Jones written by her daughter Abbi Searle Jones
Her memory dreams on here
Her smile rests easy in the ripple of the wave
And if you listen and if you know serenity
You will hear her soul
On the breath of the daffodils.

No comments: