Friday 22 April 2011

Good Friday limbo.

I have just led the Good Friday meditation at St Just in Roseland and am now in that strange limbo that lasts into Sunday. It's quiet and reflective and filled with both love and sorrow in equal measures. There was a good congregation and they went out clearly feeling the same way. The organist played beautifully. There was a couple who had come for an interment of ashes who had brought the casket and the flowers to sit in the sanctuary. We stripped the altar and moved out in silence. Everyone of them hugged me as they went. Many wept. One slept. We all obeyed the commandment of Jesus. That you love one another as I have loved you. I have never been kissed so often at the end of a service.
That is all.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: