Saturday 6 August 2011

Green sermon.

Finished writing the sermon for tomorrow and was amazed to find that it was not the one I started off with. It would not look out of place on the Green Party website!
There is a limit to how many time times I can talk about the loaves and the fishes and no limit to the times I can say God is Good... and I am sure that what was pushing me along this morning was that faith in God goodness.
The sermon started off Ok and then I was aware of that quickening of the pulse that gave me the clue that I was being lead into uncharted territories.
I found a wonderful piece on the Quaker website about living simpler low carbon lives.

Living sustainably together
In striving to live sustainably together we build peace and in bearing witness to peace we search for sustainable ways of living. Peace, in its fullest sense, means wholeness or integrity and a commitment to peace means living in ways that help to make the world balanced and whole. So we are lead to find ways of being in the world that are equitable, do not contain the ‘seeds of war’, build community, and celebrate and maintain the integrity and beauty of creation.


The above quote says everything I wanted to say. We seem to be like lemmings rushing of the edge of our cliff with no thought for the future generation at all. So now is the time to start to be serious about renewable energy before the entire world dissolves into bankruptcy.
There you go the soap box has grabbed me again..
Robert Browning put it in a nut shell
Ah but a man's aim must exceed his grasp or what's a heaven for?

No comments: