Thursday 6 October 2011

The fruit of silence.

Last evening and still this morning a new affliction has visited me. I have now got hearing problems!
I am by no means deaf but all sound is being filtered through a large goldfish bowl placed over my head!
Everything familiar sounds high pitched....watching the TV last night was like watching badly manipulated mannequins squeaking at each other!
My husband who  really is  deaf   complains I have the sound too high on everything! I've told him to turn his hearing aid down! I am not quite sure what is happening but I do have a slight worry that in curing the eczema that was driving me crazy with itching I have now stopped scratching only to develop another allergic reaction!
In the middle of all this confusion there suddenly appeared on my desk a new prayer card.  Nothing mystical, the post came.
The fruit of Silence is Prayer
The fruit of Prayer is Faith
The fruit of Faith is Love and
The fruit of Love is Service.     Found in the front of a Hymn book in St Petersburg.

It stopped me complaining....I have always enjoyed silence.....some of my best moments come in silence and here was the endorsement.    I shall try to have a day of silence...punctuated by people squeaking at me!

No comments: