Thursday 12 January 2012

A boundless ocean

Great expanses of sea are mesmerizing. I find myself watching a ripple as it develops into a wave and then starting all over again with the next one. . "A boundless drop in a boundless ocean." Gibran not me said that. The captain tells us that today will be the last quiet day. We sailed off the continental shelf last night and felt the difference immediately. Queen Mary, a huge liner barely moves in the water. This one does. When David and I went to the Scillies on our honeymoon, the boat The Scillionian rolled so badly that for the first time in my life I was very sea sick. Sitting on deck throwing up was not a good start to any relationship. But David coped manfully, even managing to eat a pasty whilst I retched. I have got some sea sick tablets with me. I am hoping not to have to use them. Yesterday people spotted dolphins playing in the wake. We missed them so today will be wave and dolphin watch. At 15 degrees it is actually warm enough to be on deck! There were even people swimming outside yesterday! It's got to get much warmer for me to even contemplate it! There's light in the sky. Hurrah! - Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: