Sunday 25 November 2012

Flood warnings.

We realised last night that we were on locking up duty. It was pouring down so I went with David to make sure all was well. The church was dry but all the small streams that look so pretty in the summer had turned into rivers....we had to wade through to get to the church.

This morning I was on the 8am service so I set off early. Small paths were torrential torrents. I waded through wearing pink boat shoes which were not clerical but they served their purpose!

Six people turned up which was more than I expected. The church was dry, the heating was on and it was a small haven of peace.

The next service at ten thirty in Tregony is inland a little but the Fal at a tight road bridge does flood so I had to make sure that was passable. It is apparently but it's also still raining!

Communications this morning are important but only a handful of people have this new number because even in my wildest dreams I never imagined that it would take so long to get BT moving!

What can God throw at us next?

It's hard to imagine anything worse than the last month......

Please don't take that as a challenge Lord.





No comments: