Monday 10 December 2012

The total joy of travel

During this less than happy period one beacon of light shines. David and I have another trip planned for next year. It will be our fourth world cruise and this time we will revisit some of our favourite places.

To get onto a cruise ship is like climbing into a warm welcoming womb. One of total luxury and relaxation.

We are very fortunate to be able to do this in our old age and we know it.

If travel broadens the mind ours must be excessively wide by now.

As we cast off in winter to approach tropical parts of the world undreamed of before! we go through a sort of metamorphosis into different people. We inhabit a land where no anxieties are allowed to stay for more than a minute or two...where dreams are realised and where new encounters are daily events.

This time I will not get back until after Easter.....I have already cut back on many church activities and I can celebrate on board ...Cunard gives me facilities to do just that.

For the grace of God I give thanks daily.

 

No comments: