Monday 11 February 2013

Childless.

The best thing I have on a cruise is time. Time to laugh and time to cry. On boat days as we glide through the Polynesian waters time never hangs heavy....it allows me to reflect, to remember and to write.

I sit in comfortable sun

Below me lies the ocean

The waves break, the spray flies

I smile

And then I remember.

Pain, so much pain.

Everything in life I ever wanted is mine

I lack for nothing

Except for my children, and my dog

Holidays with them I remember,

Surfing, sunning, getting tanned

Laughter, the joy of seeing them grow

The pain of separation

And then their deaths, each one distinct and final

And still for me life continues....

There is joy, vast faith and love.

But one ingredient is gone

I am now childless.

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Reflective and mournful - [*] for you as you contemplate mortality and loss.