Wednesday 5 June 2013

Fibre optic thingy!

In the next village they have just got superfast broadband. This has been achieved by the nagging persistence of a young man who started out on his mission a couple of years ago, having first got a group of interested people together....we, the interested are usually referred to as "the superfasters" which in my case may not be strictly accurate!

Living a few miles away we have not got it here yet though I have registered an interest.

I have also been reading some of the adverts for BT infinity and watching the ads on the TV.

It sounds wonderful...something to aspire to and hope for....one day.

BUT. Those of you who have been with me a while will remember the appalling time we went through at BTs hands when they cut me off from both the phone and the Internet with no warning and took a month before reinstating it!

To be fair the net does now work better than it ever did before. Last year when the Roseland filled up with visitors I could get cut off several times a day...that has not happened at all....yet.

I await events with interest. It would be good to have the same access to the Internet as the rest of the country....I am just not as yet sure how much more it will cost me.....

If it works as well as the adverts suggest it does it will all be worth while....so roll on fibre optic thingamajig.

We are ready!

No comments: