Monday 9 December 2013

Parcels...

Spending so much time at the hospital I have had to make "other arrangements" for home deliveries. Because it's December I have ordered lots of the presents I will give out over the holiday season. The parcels they arrive in are the problem...I pinned a note on my back door saying, "Please put any parcels in the summer house"

So far this has worked well.....our next door neighbour has a new baby....she does not need all my stuff arriving....

Even the regular postman now puts anything too fat to go in our outside post box in the summerhouse.

Yesterday whilst I was out several things arrived in my absence.

A large, heavy parcel I looked at in the dusk last night said it had been opened in Belfast as a security measure and was now safe! I haven't unpacked it yet but I'm assuming it contains the mole deterrent pellets.... So hopefully it's not safe for moles!

Another large box stood near bye. This was easy to identify....it was a crate of wine that Davd must have ordered before he took sick. I can't possibly lift it so removing the bottles three at a time looks the only way, providing no one has found them first! I'll look at first light...we did once find a tramp asleep in there but it's a bit cold for dossing down at the moment!

Most of my presents have now arrived I hope....just a couple more and I've cracked it....whether they will all get wrapped is still a question mark....

There are some compensations for all the angst though!

By my front door last night when I got home was a real treat. A friend had left me her home made Christmas pudding with instructions on how to warm it up!

You see there is still a God!

No comments: