Tuesday 28 January 2014

Writing.

Right now words are coming thick and fast....it's the way I express what's going on inside.....

Writing has been my way of life since I was a girl...when things at home were too difficult to talk about...when sharing was not an option . So I wrote.

Now I seem to be back to that spot again....poetry is streaming out of me but filled with emotion and tears.

So today I will use someone else's words.

This was the code poem used in the last war.....written by Leo Marks.

 

The life that I have is all that I have

And the life that I have is yours

And the love that I have of the life that I have

Is yours and yours and yours

 

A sleep I shall have

A rest I shall have

Yet death will be but a pause

For the peace of my years in the long green grass

Will be yours and yours and yours.

 

2 comments:

UKViewer said...

Lovely poem Jean, but also sad somehow? Still praying and hugs for you :)

jante said...

continuing to pray for you both
Janet