Monday 10 March 2014

The sun came out!

Cornwall underwent a sort of transformation yesterday! In one day we travelled from winter to summer!

After months of wind and rain suddenly the sun made an appearance and it was warm!

I took my visitor down into St Mawes and we sat outside our local to have lunch along with many other people.

The pub looks out to sea and it was very reminiscent of old times . David and I often sat where we were yesterday. It was the place we used to take my son...so it was a risk but one we were prepared to take but it was fine...the sun worked it's ancient magic .

I walked along the sea wall on my own for a little way...to post a couple of letters and passed a family I knew well.

A girl I married two years ago was pushing out her new baby...accompanied by her mother.

They didn't recognise me! I'm not sure why. I was wearing jeans and no dog collar so I didn't look like the usual me and I reflected as I walked that I must go down there in mufti more often! It was a liberation!

It was another good day....and this morning I see a sun touched face staring at me in the mirror.

Life does go on...even without those we love. The feeling that I do not walk alone is real and reassuring and the sun yesterday was a blessing for everyone here!

3 comments:

UKViewer said...

This is a great post - and signs of hope and spring having it's beneficial effect for you. Perhaps that's God's way of bringing some healing, although I know that it's only early signs.

It's a bit strange of thinking of clerical garb as a form of uniform, but off course, it does mark you out in that public role you have as a priest, as much as other uniform marks out members of the armed forces or emergency services. I was defined in that way for 43 years, so the freedom on wearing mufti all of the time is great.

Prayers and {{{Hugs}}} continue for you Jean, you are a delight to know and continue to be an inspiration for me. Particularly as I embark on a new directions and meeting with a Vocations Adviser tomorrow.

Hope that the weather remains fine for you and keeps your spirits up.

Revjeanrolt said...

I hope the meeting goes well for you!

Ray Barnes said...

The day of sunshine seems to have been a lovely one-day-only bonus for many of us.
It is so good to hear how positive you are being Jean, and of course the weather does make us all feel better.
Perhaps the dog-collar versus mufti reaction is because when people see someone in a uniform, all they see is that uniform and they fail to recognise you without it, as though you were in disguise.
We have reverted to chilly windy and grey again today, but yesterday really was wonderful.
I'm glad your invisible support is keeping you safe.
Love and prayers continue X